In the process of planning a trip to Rwanda, one of your main concerns should be regarding the visa. After all, you may need one. Even so, you will be happy to learn that Rwanda’s visa policy includes an electronic visa system. As a result, you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. iVisa can facilitate the application process. If you want to learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, we suggest that you read the answers to the most frequently asked questions you find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Nepal apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, Nepalese citizens have the possibility to apply online for a Rwanda visa.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Not much. You will notice that the list of requirements for a Rwanda visa is not long and that the items on it are easy to acquire. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Passport – check its expiry date to make sure it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa is sent via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be issued?
As long as you choose. When you apply for a Rwanda visa online using the services rendered by iVisa, you are given a chance to select a processing time for your application. iVisa gives you three choices:
- Standard processing – 7 business days
- Rush processing – 2 business days
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much will I be charged for a Rwanda e-visa?
The cost of a Rwanda visa is directly related to the processing time of your application. The sooner you want your travel document, the more you are charged. The prices, which include the service fees, are as follows:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for and how much time can I remain in Rwanda?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and your stay cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Nepal are eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa as well. If you apply for this document, you can visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda on the same trip. There is no need for three separate visas. However, for this document to be valid, you have to enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Along with the documents and information you put together for a Rwanda visa, you will also need the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The price of your Rwanda visa depends on the processing time of your application. Same as with the Rwanda visa. iVisa gives you three options once more.
- Standard processing – your travel document is ready within 6 business days, and you must pay USD 100.00 for it
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 business days, and the cost is USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa arrives within 2 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival. It ensures Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for up to 90 days Per Entry per visit.