Planning a trip to Rwanda may take some time and effort, but one of the things you need to concern yourself with is the visa. Fortunately, Rwanda’s visa policy includes an electronic visa system, which gives all non-visa exempt nationalities the opportunity to apply online for a Rwanda visa. iVisa ensures a short and swift online application process. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, we recommend that you read the information provided for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of New Zealand apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, the citizens of New Zealand have the possibility to apply online for a Rwanda visa.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Before you start the application process, we recommend that you make sure that you can fulfill all the requirements. However, the Rwanda visa is not a demanding document to obtain. You only need the following:
- Passport – check its expiry date to make sure it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa is sent via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be issued?
As long as you decide. When you apply online for a Rwanda visa using the services provided by iVisa, you are given a chance to select a processing time for your application. iVisa gives you three options so that you can choose the one that best serves your needs.
- Standard processing – 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – 2 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – 1 Business Day
How much will I be charged for a Rwanda e-visa?
It depends on the processing time you select for your application. Basically, your choice determines the cost of your Rwanda visa. Keep in mind that the service fees are already included in the price.
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for and how much time can I remain in Rwanda?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and it allows you to stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of New Zealand can also acquire a Rwanda East Africa visa. This document grants you entry in Rwanda, but in Kenya and Uganda too. So, if you decide to visit all three countries on one trip, you are no longer required to apply for three separate visas. Nevertheless, please bear in mind that this type of visa is only valid if you enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Apart from the requirements you must fulfill for the Rwanda visa, you will need the following additional documents:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is established by option you choose when it comes to the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three options this time as well:
- Standard processing – your travel document is ready within 6 Business Days, and you must pay USD 100.00 for it
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 Business Days, and the cost is USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa arrives within 2 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival. It covers Multiple Entry, and your stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry per entry.