Are you planning to spend your vacation in Rwanda? You should probably know that you may need to obtain a visa in advance. But you will be pleased to find out that Rwanda has an electronic visa system in place which allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to acquire a Rwanda visa online. iVisa can help with the online application process. If you want to learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, we suggest that you read the answers to the most frequently asked questions you find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Nicaragua apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, as a Nicaraguan national, you can apply online for a Rwanda visa.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Not much. The online process of getting a Rwanda visa is not demanding at all. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Passport – check its expiry date to make sure it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa is sent via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be issued?
As long as you choose. When you apply for a Rwanda visa with iVisa, you are given three options when it comes to the processing time of your application. That way, you can opt for the one that best suits your needs. Here is what you can choose from:
- Standard processing – 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – 2 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – 1 Business Day
How much will I be charged for a Rwanda e-visa?
The cost of a Rwanda visa is established by the processing time you select for your application. The prices listed below already include the service fees:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for and how much time can I remain in Rwanda?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and the maximum duration of stay is of 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
With a Rwanda East Africa visa, you can enter Rwanda, but Kenya and Uganda as well. As a Nicaraguan citizen, you qualify for this type of visa as well. So, if you wish to visit all three countries on one trip, you do not have to apply for three distinct visas. The Rwanda East Africa visa is enough. However, please remember that you can only use this type of visa if you enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Besides the documents and information you are required to have for a Rwanda visa, the following are necessary as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The price of a Rwanda East Africa visa is determined by the processing time you select for your application. You are provided with three options this time as well:
- Standard processing – your travel document is ready within 6 Business Days, and you must pay USD 100.00 for it
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 Business Days, and the cost is USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa arrives within 2 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The validity period of a Rwanda East Africa Visa is of 90 days after arrival after arrival. It ensures Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for no more than 90 days Per Entry per entry.