In case you decide to take a trip to Rwanda for tourism purposes, you should know that you most likely require a visa in advance. The only way it is not needed is if you are among the visa-exempt nationalities. However, if you are not, you will be happy to learn that Rwanda’s visa policy allows you to apply for a Rwanda visa online, and iVisa can help with the process. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, read the information provided below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Niger apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, Nigerien citizens can apply online for a Rwanda visa.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
You will be pleased to learn that the requirements for a Rwanda visa are nothing out of the ordinary, and you may already have everything necessary. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – check its expiry date to make sure it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa is sent via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be issued?
It depends on which option you choose when it comes to the processing time of your application. You make a choice, and your Rwanda visa arrives in the timeframe you agree on. Here are your options:
- Standard processing – 7 days
- Rush processing – 48 hours
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much will I be charged for a Rwanda e-visa?
The price of a Rwanda visa depends on the processing time you select for your application. The cost for each option below already includes the service fee:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for and how much time can I remain in Rwanda?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and it allows you to stay in Rwanda for a period that cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Niger can also apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. This particular document grants you entry in Rwanda, but in Kenya and Uganda as well. It is the best possible solution if you decide to visit all three countries on the same trip. That way, you do not have to obtain three different visas. However, know that for this scheme to work, you have to go to Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
In addition to the requirements you must meet for a Rwanda visa, the following documents are necessary as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Again, the price of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing time of your application. You are provided with three options this time around too:
- Standard processing – your travel document is ready within 6 days, and you must pay USD 100.00 for it
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 days, and the cost is USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa arrives within 48 hours, and you are charged USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival. It grants Multiple Entry, and your stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry per visit.