Are you taking a trip to Rwanda anytime soon? Then chances are that you need to obtain a visa in advance. Only a handful of nationalities can skip this process because they are exempt, but all the others can apply for a Rwanda visa online thanks to Rwanda’s electronic visa system. iVisa provides a short and straightforward application process. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, you can read the answers to the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Nigeria apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, Nigerian citizens have access to a Rwanda visa online.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
As you will see, the list of requirements for a Rwanda e-visa is not long, and chances are that you already have everything necessary. For a successful application process, you need to put together the following:
- Passport – check its expiry date to make sure it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa is sent via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be issued?
Your Rwanda visa will arrive in the timeframe of your choosing. iVisa gives you three options when it comes to the processing time of your application so that you can pick the most convenient one:
- Standard processing – 7 days
- Rush processing – 48 hours
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much will I be charged for a Rwanda e-visa?
The cost of a Rwanda visa depends on the processing time of your application. The prices, which already include the service fee, can be found below.
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for and how much time can I remain in Rwanda?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and you can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is a type of visa that will allow you to travel to Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda. That way, you do not have to apply for three separate visas when you decide to visit all these countries on one trip. Just remember that for this type of visa to be valid, you have to enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Apart from what you must provide for a Rwanda visa, you will need the following additional documents:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The price of a Rwanda East Africa visa is determined by the processing time you choose for your application. Once again, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – your travel document is ready within 6 days, and you must pay USD 100.00 for it
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 days, and the cost is USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa arrives within 48 hours, and you are charged USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival. It covers Multiple Entry, and your stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry per visit.