If you decide to take a trip to Rwanda anytime soon, chances are that you need to obtain a visa in advance. But that should not be a reason for concern because Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018. Consequently, all non-visa exempt nationalities have the opportunity to apply online for a Rwanda visa. iVisa can facilitate the online application process. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, read the answers to the most commonly asked questions you find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Norway apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, Norwegian nationals can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Applying for a Rwanda visa does not entail much effort. To successfully apply for it, you only need the following documents and information:
- Passport – check its expiry date to make sure it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa is sent via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be issued?
Your Rwanda visa will be ready in the timeframe of your choosing. That is because iVisa gives you three options when it comes to the processing time of your application. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – 7 days
- Rush processing – 48 hours
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much will I be charged for a Rwanda e-visa?
The amount you will be charged is determined by your choice of processing time. The prices below already include the service fees:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for and how much time can I remain in Rwanda?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and you can stay in Rwanda for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Norway also qualify for a Rwanda East Africa visa. This document allows you to travel to Rwanda, but to Kenya and Uganda as well. It is the ideal solution if you want to visit all three countries on one trip. That way, you do not have to acquire three separate visas. But remember that this visa is not valid unless you enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Along with the requirements you must meet for a Rwanda visa, you need the following documents as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The price of a Rwanda East Africa visa is influenced by the processing time you choose for your application. You receive three options this time as well:
- Standard processing – your travel document is ready within 6 days, and you must pay USD 100.00 for it
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 days, and the cost is USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa arrives within 48 hours, and you are charged USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The validity of a Rwanda East Africa Visa is of 90 days after arrival after arrival. It grants Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for a period that cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry per entry.