When you make the decision of traveling to Rwanda, one of the main concerns should be regarding the visa. All non-visa exempt nationalities must apply for one before departure. However, in 2018, Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system, which gives you the opportunity to apply online for a Rwanda visa. With iVisa, you will enjoy a smooth and short application process. If you wish to learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, we invite you to read the answers to the most frequently asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Oman apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, like all the other eligible nationalities, Omani citizens can apply for a Rwanda visa online
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
To successfully apply for a Rwanda visa online, you need to put together the following documents and information:
- Passport – check its expiry date to make sure it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa is sent via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be issued?
As long as you decide. When you apply online for a Rwanda visa, iVisa gives you the opportunity to choose the processing time of your application. You are given three options:
- Standard processing – 7 business days
- Rush processing – 2 business days
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much will I be charged for a Rwanda e-visa?
The cost of a Rwanda visa depends on which option you select when it comes to the processing time of your application. Each price below already includes the service fee:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for and how much time can I remain in Rwanda?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and the maximum duration of stay is of 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is also available for Omani citizens. With this document, you will be able to travel to Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda, which is incredibly convenient if you want to visit all three countries on one trip. However, for this type of visa to work, you must enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Apart from what you must gather for the Rwanda visa, the following documents are necessary as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The price of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing time you choose for your application. iVisa provides you with three choices this time too:
- Standard processing – your travel document is ready within 6 business days, and you must pay USD 100.00 for it
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 business days, and the cost is USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa arrives within 2 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival, and it grants Multiple Entry. Each stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry.