Are you traveling to Rwanda in the near future? You may have to obtain a visa in advance. The only way you can skip this is if you are visa exempt. Fortunately, thanks to Rwanda’s electronic visa system, you are given the opportunity to apply online for a Rwanda visa. With iVisa, you will enjoy a short and simple application process. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, we suggest that you read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Pakistan apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, Pakistani citizens can obtain a Rwanda visa online.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Before you begin the online application process to obtain a Rwanda visa we recommend that you first put together everything necessary, which is as follows:
- Passport – check its expiry date to make sure it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa is sent via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be issued?
The timeframe in which your Rwanda visa arrives depends on the processing time option you choose for your application. iVisa gives you three options so that you can select the one that is most convenient for you:
- Standard processing – 7 business days
- Rush processing – 2 business days
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much will I be charged for a Rwanda e-visa?
Your Rwanda visa’s cost depends on the processing time you select for your application during the online application process. The prices can be found below and already include the service fees:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for and how much time can I remain in Rwanda?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and you can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
As a citizen of Pakistan, you can also apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. If you hold this document, you can enter Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda. It is incredibly convenient if you want to travel to all these countries on the same trip. That way, you avoid the need of applying for three different visas. But you should know that the Rwanda East Africa visa is valid only if you enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
You need everything necessary for a Rwanda visa, plus the following additional documents:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The price of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing time you choose for your application, same as with the Rwanda visa. Again, you are provided with three options:
- Standard processing – your travel document is ready within 6 business days, and you must pay USD 100.00 for it
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 business days, and the cost is USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa arrives within 2 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival. It covers Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for a period that cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry per entry.