Traveling to Rwanda means, among other things, that you must obtain a visa in advance. That is, of course, if you are not visa exempt. Fortunately, Rwanda’s visa policy is pretty lenient. By that, we mean that all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, you will enjoy a short and straightforward online application process. To learn more about the electronic visa for Rwanda, read the information provided for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Palau apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, as a Palauan citizen, you have the opportunity to apply online for a Rwanda visa.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Before you start the online application process to obtain a Rwanda visa, you must make sure that you meet the requirements. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – check its expiry date to make sure it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa is sent via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be issued?
It depends on the processing time you select for your application. When you apply for a Rwanda visa with iVisa, you are given three processing options so that you can choose the one that best serves your needs:
- Standard processing – 7 business days
- Rush processing – 2 business days
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much will I be charged for a Rwanda e-visa?
The cost of a Rwanda visa is determined by the choice you make of processing time for your application. The prices are listed below and include the service fees:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for and how much time can I remain in Rwanda?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and the maximum stay is of 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Palau also have access to a Rwanda East Africa visa. If you apply for this type of visa, you will be able to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda on one trip. That way, you are not required to obtain a visa for each state. Nonetheless, keep in mind that the Rwanda East Africa visa is valid only if you visit Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
For a Rwanda East Africa visa, you need all the documents and information for a Rwanda visa, plus the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The price of a Rwanda East Africa visa is established by the processing time you choose for your application. Once again, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – your travel document is ready within 6 business days, and you must pay USD 100.00 for it
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 business days, and the cost is USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa arrives within 2 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa is valid for a period of 90 days after arrival after arrival. It covers Multiple Entry, and each stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry.