In case you are traveling to Rwanda anytime soon, one of the matters you need to handle before departure is the visa. Fortunately, Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018, and as a result, all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, you are going to enjoy a smooth and fast application process. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, you can read the information provided below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Panama eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, Panamanian citizens qualify for a Rwanda e-visa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Rwanda visa?
When you decide to apply for a Rwanda visa, first you need to make sure that you meet all the requirements. However, the list is short, and you may already have everything necessary. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – take a look at its expiry date to check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my application to be processed?
Your application for a Rwanda visa will be processed in the timeframe of your choosing. iVisa gives you three options so that you can select the one that best suits your needs:
- Standard processing – 7 days
- Rush processing – 48 hours
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much does Rwanda e-visa cost?
The cost of a Rwanda visa depends on the processing time you choose for your application. The prices for each option are listed below and already include the service fees:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for?
The Rwanda e-visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
A Rwanda visa grants you Single Entry, and the maximum duration of stay is of 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Panama can also apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. This document will allow you to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda without the need to apply for three separate visas. However, remember that this type of visa is valid only if you enter Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Along with the requirements you have to fulfill for a Rwanda visa, you will need the following too:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Same as with the Rwanda visa, the cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is directly related to the processing time you choose for your application. You are given three choices:
- Standard processing – your travel document is ready within 6 days, and you must pay USD 100.00 for it
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 days, and the cost is USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa arrives within 48 hours, and you are charged USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival after arrival. It ensures Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for no more than 90 days Per Entry per entry.