Do you plan to travel to Rwanda in the near future? Then chances are that you are required to apply for a visa in advance. You can skip this process only if you are visa exempt. However, in 2018, Rwanda adopted an electronic visa system which allows all nationalities to obtain a Rwanda visa online. iVisa can help with the application process. Read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below to learn more about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Papua New Guinea eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Papua New Guinea qualify for a Rwanda e-visa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Rwanda visa?
As you will notice, the list of requirements for a Rwanda visa is quite short, and you may already have everything on it. Here is what you need for the online application process:
- Passport – take a look at its expiry date to check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my application to be processed?
Your Rwanda visa will be ready in the timeframe of your choosing. When you apply with iVisa, you are given three choices when it comes to the processing time of your application so that you can select the one that best suits your needs:
- Standard processing – 7 business days
- Rush processing – 2 business days
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much does Rwanda e-visa cost?
The price of a Rwanda visa is determined by the processing time you pick for your application. The prices listed below already include the service fees.
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
You are granted Single Entry, and you can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Papua New Guinea can also apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. If you hold this document, you can enter Rwanda, but Kenya and Uganda as well. It makes things easy for you if you wish to visit all three countries on one trip. That way, you do not have to acquire three different visas. However, keep in mind that for this visa to be valid, you need to visit Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Along with the requirements you must put together for a Rwanda visa you will also need the following documents:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Same as with the Rwanda visa, the cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is established by the option you pick when it comes to the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three options this time as well:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 business days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 business days, and you must pay USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa has a validity of 90 days after arrival after arrival. It ensures Multiple Entry, and your stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry per visit.