Planning a trip to Rwanda entails plenty of time and energy, but one of the first things you need to take care of is the visa. That is if you need one. However, in 2018, Rwanda adopted an electronic visa system, and as a result, all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply online for a Rwanda visa. iVisa can help with that. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, we suggest that you read the answers to the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Peru eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, as a Peruvian citizen, you are eligible for a Rwanda e-visa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Rwanda visa?
The list of requirements for a Rwanda visa is quite short, and you may already have all of the items on it. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Passport – take a look at its expiry date to check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my application to be processed?
Your Rwanda visa will arrive in the timeframe you agree on. iVisa gives you three choices concerning the processing time of your application:
- Standard processing – 7 business days
- Rush processing – 2 business days
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much does Rwanda e-visa cost?
The cost of your Rwanda visa depends on the processing time you select for your application:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
The prices above already include the service fees.
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
You are granted Single Entry, and you can spend as much as 30 days Per Entry in Rwanda.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
As a Peruvian national, you are also eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa. With this type of visa, you are allowed to travel to Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda. It is incredibly convenient if you want to see all three countries in one trip. There is no need for three separate visas. However, please remember that for this type of visa to be valid, you must enter Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
You take everything necessary for a Rwanda e-visa, to which you add the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The price of a Rwanda East Africa visa is influenced by the option you choose when it comes to the processing time of your application. You are given three choices this time too:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 business days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 business days, and you must pay USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival after arrival. You are granted Multiple Entry, and your stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry per entry.