Are you planning to spend your vacation in Rwanda? Then you should probably know that you may need a visa to enter the country. Lucky for you, Rwanda has a lenient visa policy. It allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply online for a Rwanda visa, and iVisa can help with the application process. If you want to learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, we suggest that you read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Portugal eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, as a Portuguese citizen, you qualify for a Rwanda e-visa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Rwanda visa?
The online application process of getting a Rwanda visa is not as demanding as when you go to an embassy. Even so, you still have a few requirements to meet. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – take a look at its expiry date to check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my application to be processed?
As long as you choose. When you apply for a Rwanda visa with iVisa, you will be given three options when it comes to the processing time of your application so that you can choose the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – 7 business days
- Rush processing – 2 business days
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much does Rwanda e-visa cost?
Your Rwanda visa’s price depends on the processing time you pick for your application. Therefore, the cost for each option are as follows:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
The prices above already include the service fees.
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
You are granted Single Entry, and you cannot stay in Rwanda for more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Portugal also have access to a Rwanda East Africa visa. This document allows its holder to travel to Rwanda, but to Kenya and Uganda too. That way, you can visit three countries on one trip with a single travel document, not three. However, bear in mind that you cannot use this type of visa unless you enter Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Besides what you put together for a Rwanda visa, you will need the following additional documents:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Just like with the Rwanda visa, the price of a Rwanda East Africa visa is determined by the processing time you pick for your application. iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 business days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 business days, and you must pay USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival. It covers Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for no more than 90 days Per Entry per entry.