Traveling to Rwanda for tourism purposes may take a little bit of planning, but one of the first things you need to cross off your to-do list is the visa. After all, chances are that you need one. Fortunately, Rwanda has a pretty lenient visa policy, and by that, we mean that it allows all nationalities that are not visa exempt to apply online for a Rwanda visa. To find out more about the electronic visa for Rwanda, we invite you to read the information presented for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Qatar eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, Qatari citizens can apply for a Rwanda e-visa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Rwanda visa?
Taking a look at the list below, you will notice that the requirements for s Rwanda visa are nothing out of the ordinary. You may already have some of the necessary items. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – take a look at its expiry date to check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my application to be processed?
Your Rwanda e-visa will arrive in the timeframe of your choosing. iVisa gives you three options when it comes to the processing time of your application so that you can select the one that best serves your needs:
- Standard processing – 7 business days
- Rush processing – 2 business days
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much does Rwanda e-visa cost?
The cost of a Rwanda visa depends on the processing time you choose for your application. The prices are mentioned below and already include the service fees:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
You are covered for Single Entry, and you can stay in Rwanda for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Qatar can also obtain a Rwanda East Africa visa. This document allows its holder to enter Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda. It is the perfect solution if you want to visit all these countries on one trip. That way, you do not have to apply for three separate visas. Nevertheless, you should be aware of the fact that this type of visa is not valid unless you enter Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
You need everything on the list of requirements for a Rwanda visa, plus the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing time of your application. Once more, you are provided with three options:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 business days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 business days, and you must pay USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa has a validity of 90 days after arrival after arrival. You are granted Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for a period that cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry per entry.