If you decide to spend your vacation in Rwanda, one of the things you should know is that chances are you need to obtain a visa in advance. Nevertheless, you will be happy to find out that Rwanda’s visa policy includes an electronic visa system. Consequently, you are given the opportunity to apply for a Rwanda visa online. To learn more details about the Rwanda e-visa, we recommend that you read the answers to the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Romania eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, as a Romanian citizen, you qualify for a Rwanda e-visa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Rwanda visa?
One of the best things about an online application process is that the list of requirements is short. Here is what you need to successfully apply for a Rwanda visa}:
- Passport – take a look at its expiry date to check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my application to be processed?
Not long. Also, your Rwanda visa will be ready in the timeframe of your choosing. That is possible because iVisa gives you three processing time options for your application. That way, you can opt for the one that is most convenient for you.
- Standard processing – 7 business days
- Rush processing – 2 business days
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much does Rwanda e-visa cost?
The cost of a Rwanda visa is influenced by the processing time you choose for your application. Take a look at the prices for each option:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
The service fees are already included.
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
You can enter Rwanda Single Entry, and you can stay there for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
As a Romanian citizen, you also have the option to apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. With this document, you will be able to travel to Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda. That way, you do not have to acquire three separate visas. Nonetheless, what you should know about the Rwanda East Africa visa is that it is not valid unless you enter Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
In addition to what you need for a Rwanda visa, you must put together the following documents as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Once more, the cost of a your Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing time option you select for your application. iVisa gives you three choices:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 business days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 business days, and you must pay USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The validity of a Rwanda East Africa Visa is of90 days after arrival after arrival. It grants Multiple Entry, and your stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry per visit.