Do you plan to spend your vacation in Rwanda? Then one of the things you will need for the trip is a visa. That is not applicable if you are visa exempt. However, you should know that Rwanda’s visa policy allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a Rwanda visa online. iVisa ca help with the application process. Read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below to learn more details about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Russia eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, as a Russian citizen, you can obtain a Rwanda e-visa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Rwanda visa?
The list of requirements for a Rwanda visa is not long, and the items on it are pretty easy to acquire. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Passport – take a look at its expiry date to check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my application to be processed?
As long as you choose. When you apply for a Rwanda visa using the services rendered by iVisa, you are given three options when it comes to the processing time of your application. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – 2 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – 1 Business Day
How much does Rwanda e-visa cost?
The cost of a Rwanda e-visa is strictly related to the processing time of your application. You can find the prices below. They already include the service fees.
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
The Rwanda visa covers Single Entry, and you cannot stay in Rwanda for more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
As a Russian national, you are also given access to a Rwanda East Africa visa. With this type of visa, you can travel to Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda, without the need of three separate visas. The Rwanda East Africa visa covers all three countries. However, what you should probably know is that this particular visa is valid only if you enter Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
You take everything you need for a Rwanda visa, and then you add the following documents:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Just as with the Rwanda visa, the price of a Rwanda East Africa visa is influenced by the processing time of your application. Once again, you are provided with three options:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 Business Days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 Business Days, and you must pay USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival. It grants you Multiple Entry, and your stays are limited to 90 days Per Entry per entry.