One of the first things you need to do before you travel to Rwanda is to make sure that you have the proper documentation. A visa is required unless you are exempt. However, thanks to Rwanda’s electronic visa system, all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, you will enjoy a smooth and fast online application process. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, we suggest that you read the info provided below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Samoa eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, as a Samoan national, you are eligible for a Rwanda e-visa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Rwanda visa?
As you will see, the list of requirements for a Rwanda visa is not extensive. Plus, chances are that you already have everything necessary. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – look at its expiry date to check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my application to be processed?
Your application for a Rwanda visa will be processed depending on which processing time option you select. iVisa provides you with three options so that you can pick the one that best suits your needs:
- Standard processing – 7 days
- Rush processing – 48 hours
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much does Rwanda e-visa cost?
The cost of a Rwanda e-visa is established by the processing time you choose for your application. Therefore, there are three available prices, and they already include the service fees:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
You are granted Single Entry, and your stay in Rwanda cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Samoa are also eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa. With this document, you will be able to enter Rwanda, but Kenya and Uganda as well. It is the best possible solution if you decide to visit all three countries on one trip. However, be aware of the fact that this type of visa is valid only if you visit Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Along with what you need for a Rwanda visa, the following are required as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The amount you will be charged for your Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing time option you select for your application. Again, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 48 hours, and you must pay USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa enjoys a validity period of 90 days after arrival after arrival. It grants you Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for no more than 90 days Per Entry per entry.