When you start planning your trip to Rwanda, the first thing on your mind should be regarding the visa. After all, you may need one. Lucky for you, Rwanda has a lenient visa policy which allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a Rwanda visa online. iVisa can assist you with the online application process. If you want to learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, we invite you to read the answers to the most commonly asked questions you find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of San Marino eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, Sammarinese citizens qualify for a Rwanda e-visa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Rwanda visa?
One of the first things you need to do before you start the online application process to obtain a Rwanda visa is to make sure that you can meet all the requirements. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – take a look at its expiry date to check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my application to be processed?
Not very long. Plus, the Rwanda visa will be ready in the timeframe of your choosing. That is because iVisa provides you with three options when it comes to the processing time of your application.
- Standard processing – 7 business days
- Rush processing – 2 business days
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much does Rwanda e-visa cost?
The cost of a Rwanda e-visa depends on which option you select concerning the processing time of your application. The prices, which include the service fees, are as follows:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
You are covered for Single Entry, and the maximum duration of stay in Rwanda is of 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
As a citizen of San Marino, you also have the option of applying for a Rwanda East Africa visa. With this document, you will be able to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda, all on one trip. You are not required to get a visa for each country. However, for this visa to be valid, you must enter Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Along with the requirements you must fulfill for a Rwanda visa, you will need the following additional documents:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The price of your Rwanda East Africa visa is established by the processing time of your application. Again, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 business days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 business days, and you must pay USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival. You are granted Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for up to 90 days Per Entry per entry.