Are you planning to travel to Rwanda anytime soon? Then it is very possible that you are required to get a visa in advance. There are only a few visa-exempt nationalities, and if you are not among them, you must obtain the proper travel documentation. However, you will be happy to learn that Rwanda’s visa policy allows all non-visa exempt nationals to apply for a Rwanda visa online. Read the answers to the most commonly asked questions below to learn more about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Saudi Arabia eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, as a Saudi Arabian, you are eligible for a Rwanda e-visa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Rwanda visa?
You will notice that the online application process for a Rwanda visa is not at all complicated and involves little effort on your behalf. Here is what you need:
- Passport – take a look at its expiry date to check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my application to be processed?
As long as you choose. When you apply for a Rwanda visa with iVisa, you are given three options when it comes to the processing time of your application so that you can pick the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – 7 business days
- Rush processing – 2 business days
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much does Rwanda e-visa cost?
The cost of a Rwanda visa is directly related to the processing time of your application. Therefore, each option has its own price. Keep in mind that the prices below already include the service fees.
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
The Rwanda e-visa grants you Single Entry, and you can stay in Rwanda for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
As a citizen of Saudi Arabia, you also qualify for a Rwanda East Africa visa. If you apply for this document, you will be able to travel to Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda, without the need to obtain three separate visas. The Rwanda East Africa visa is enough. However, this type of visa is valid only if you enter Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
In addition to the documents and information necessary for a Rwanda visa, you will need the following as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is established by the processing time you choose for your application. iVisa gives you three options this time around too:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 business days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 business days, and you must pay USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival after arrival. It covers Multiple Entry, and your stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry per entry.