Do you plan to spend your vacation in Rwanda? Then you should know that you need to obtain a visa in advance, except if you are exempt. Fortunately, according to Rwanda’s visa policy, all non-visa exempt nationalities ca apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, you will enjoy a smooth and fast application process. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, we suggest that you read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Sierra Leone eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Sierra Leone qualify for a Rwanda e-visa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Rwanda visa?
The online application process you must go through to obtain a Rwanda visa is not at all demanding. You only need to have at hand the following:
- Passport – take a look at its expiry date to check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my application to be processed?
It depends on you. How is that possible? When you apply for a Rwanda visa using the services provided by iVisa, you are given three options when it comes to the processing time of your application. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – 2 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – 1 Business Day
How much does Rwanda e-visa cost?
The processing time you choose for your application establishes the cost of your Rwanda visa. The prices are listed below and already include the service fees:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
You are granted Single Entry, and you are allowed to stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Sierra Leone are also eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa. With this particular type of visa, you will be able to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda, all on one trip. You are no longer required to obtain three separate visas. Nonetheless, keep in mind that you must enter Rwanda first for this visa to be valid.
What requirements must I meet for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Along with what you are required to put together for a Rwanda visa, you will need the following as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Again, the processing time you choose for your application is the one that determines the cost of your Rwanda East Africa visa. iVisa gives you three options this time around too:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 Business Days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 Business Days, and you must pay USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa has a validity of 90 days after arrival after arrival. It grants Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for up to 90 days Per Entry per entry.