Are you planning a trip to Rwanda anytime soon? Then one of the things you may need before departure is a visa. However, Rwanda has a pretty lenient visa policy. It allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to obtain a Rwanda visa online. iVisa ensures a smooth and fast online application process so that you can get the travel document you need with minimal effort. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, read the answers to the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Slovenia eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, as a Slovenian citizen, you can apply for a Rwanda e-visa online.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Rwanda visa?
As you will see, the requirements for a Rwanda visa are easy to acquire, and there are not many of them. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Passport – take a look at its expiry date to check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my application to be processed?
Your Rwanda visa will arrive in the timeframe you agree on. That is because iVisa gives you three options when it comes to the processing time of your application so that you can pick the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – 7 business days
- Rush processing – 2 business days
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much does Rwanda e-visa cost?
The processing time you choose for your application does not determine only the waiting period, but the cost of your Rwanda visa as well. The prices can be found below and already include the service fees:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
You are granted Single Entry, and you can stay in Rwanda for a period that cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
As a Slovenian citizen, you also have access to a Rwanda East Africa visa. This document allows its holder to enter Rwanda, but Kenya and Uganda as well. So, if you decide that you want to visit all three countries on one trip, you do not have to apply for three separate visas. However, bear in mind that this type of visa is valid only if you enter Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
You take what you need for a Rwanda visa (above), to which you add the following documents:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is established by the processing time of your application. Again, you are given three options:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 business days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 business days, and you must pay USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival. You are granted Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for no more than 90 days Per Entry per visit.