When you decide to travel to Rwanda for tourism purposes, one of the things you must know is that you may need to apply for a visa in advance. The only way you can skip it is if you are exempt. However, you will be pleased to learn that Rwanda’s visa policy includes an electronic visa system. It allows all nationalities that are not visa exempt to apply for a Rwanda visa online. iVisa can help with the entire process. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, please read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Somalia eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, Somali citizens can apply for a Rwanda e-visa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Rwanda visa?
One of the first things you need to do before you start the application process is to make sure that you meet all the requirements for a Rwanda e-visa. However, that should be easy enough. You only need the following:
- Passport – take a look at its expiry date to check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my application to be processed?
As long as you decide. When you use iVisa’s services to apply for a Rwanda visa, you are given three choices when it comes to the processing time of your application. That way, you can pick the one that best serves your needs.
- Standard processing – 7 business days
- Rush processing – 2 business days
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much does Rwanda e-visa cost?
The processing time you choose for your application not only decides the waiting period but the cost of your Rwanda visa as well. The prices below already include the service fees.
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
You are granted Single Entry, and you cannot stay in Rwanda for more than 90 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
Somali citizens also qualify for a Rwanda East Africa visa. This type of visa will allow you to enter Rwanda, but Kenya and Uganda as well. That way, you can visit all three countries on one trip without having to obtain three separate visas. Nevertheless, remember that this visa is not valid unless you enter Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
In addition to what you put together for a Rwanda visa, you need the following as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is established by the processing time of your application. Once again, you are given three choices:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 business days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 business days, and you must pay USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival, and it grants. Multiple Entry. Your duration of stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry per entry.