When you start planning your vacation in Rwanda, one of the first things you need to handle is the visa. After all, there are only a few visa-exempt nationalities. However, you will be happy to find out that all non-visa exempt nationalities are given the opportunity to apply for a Rwanda visa online thanks to Rwanda’s electronic visa system. iVisa can help with the application process so that you invest minimal effort. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, we invite you to read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of South Africa eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, as a South African citizen, you are eligible for a Rwanda e-visa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Rwanda visa?
As you will see below, the list of requirements for a Rwanda visa is quite short, and the items on it are easy to acquire. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Passport – take a look at its expiry date to check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my application to be processed?
The waiting period for a Rwanda visa depends on which option you choose regarding the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three choices so that you can pick the one that best suits your needs:
- Standard processing – 7 days
- Rush processing – 48 hours
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much does Rwanda e-visa cost?
The amount you will be charged for your Rwanda e-visa depends on the processing time you choose for your application. The prices are as follows and include the service fees:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
You are granted Single Entry, and your stay in Rwanda cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
With a Rwanda East Africa visa, a person can travel to Rwanda, but to Kenya and Uganda as well. The citizens of South Africa qualify for this document as well. So, if you wish to visit all three countries on one trip, you are no longer required to apply for three different visas. However, keep in mind that you cannot use this type of visa unless you visit Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
You must put together all the requirements for a Rwanda visa, plus the following additional documents:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa, same as with the Rwanda visa, depends on which processing time option you select for your application. iVisa gives you three choices this time around as well:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 48 hours, and you must pay USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa has a validity of 90 days after arrival after arrival. It grants you Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for a period that cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry per entry.