Before you start planning your vacation in Rwanda, mind that you need to obtain a visa in advance. Nevertheless, Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018. Therefore, all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Rwanda visa online. iVisa can help with the online application process. Below, you will find the answers to the most frequently asked questions about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of South Korea obtain a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, as a South Korean citizen, you can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What are the requirements for a Rwanda visa e-visa?
To obtain a Rwanda visa, you need to make sure that you have everything on the list below:
- Passport – check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – it has to be taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – you receive your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat, are all valid means of payment accepted by iVisa
How long do I have to wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be ready?
It depends on the processing time of your application you get to choose. iVisa provides three options so that you can select the one that is most convenient for you:
- Standard processing – 7 business days.
- Rush processing – 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Not at all. Plus, the cost of your Rwanda visa is given by the processing time you select for your application. Keep in mind that the prices below contain service fees:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
What are the validity period and the duration of stay of a Rwanda e-visa?
A Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and it allows you to stay in Rwanda for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of South Korea are also eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa. The document we are referring to allows you to travel to Rwanda, but to Kenya and Uganda as well. It is the ideal solution if you want to visit all three countries in one trip. However, bear in mind that you need to enter Rwanda first for this document to be valid.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
You need all the documents and information for a Rwanda visa, but the following as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The price of your Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing timeframe option you choose for your application. Once again, iVisa presents you with three choices:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your e-visa is ready within 4 business days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa is ready within 2 business days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival, it covers Multiple Entry, and each stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.