When you decide to travel to Rwanda, one of the things you need to consider is that you may be required to obtain a visa in advance. Now, the good news is that Rwanda has an electronic visa system, meaning that you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, you will get the travel document you need in a matter of days. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, we recommend that you read the answers to the most frequently asked questions you find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Spain eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, Spanish citizens can obtain a Rwanda e-visa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Rwanda visa?
You will find that the online application process you need to go through to obtain a Rwanda visa implies little to no effort. As for requirements, here is what you need:
- Passport – take a look at its expiry date to check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my application to be processed?
Your application will be processed in the timeframe of your choosing. When you use the services rendered by iVisa, you will be given a chance to choose the processing time of your application. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – 2 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – 1 Business Day
How much does Rwanda e-visa cost?
The processing time you choose not only determines the amount of time you must wait for your Rwanda visa, but also the cost. The prices are below and contain the service fees:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
You are granted Single Entry, and your stay in Rwanda is limited to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
Spanish citizens can also apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. When you hold this document, you can visit Rwanda, but Kenya and Uganda as well, without the need to apply for three separate visas. The Rwanda East Africa visa will grant you entry in all three states. However, you should keep in mind that this type of visa is valid only if you go to Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
You need everything that is necessary for a Rwanda visa, plus the following additional documents:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Just like with the Rwanda visa, the cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is determined by the processing time option you choose for your application. iVisa offers three choices here as well.
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 Business Days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 Business Days, and you must pay USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The validity period of a Rwanda East Africa Visa is of 90 days after arrival after arrival. It covers Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for no more than 90 days Per Entry per entry.