Do you plan to spend your vacation in Rwanda? Then you should know that you may need to acquire a visa in advance. But you will be pleased to learn that the visa policy of Rwanda includes an electronic visa system, meaning that all non-visa exempt nationalities can obtain a Rwanda visa online. iVisa can facilitate the online application process. But first, to learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, you should read the answers to the most frequently asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Sri Lanka eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Sri Lanka have access to a Rwanda e-visa.
What are the requirements I must meet for a Rwanda visa?
You will learn that the requirements for a Rwanda visa are nothing out of the ordinary. Plus, you may already have everything necessary. To successfully apply for your travel document, you need to put together the following:
- Passport – take a look at its expiry date to check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my application to be processed?
The Rwanda visa will arrive in the timeframe you agree on. That is because iVisa gives you multiple choices when it comes to the processing time of your application. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – 2 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – 1 Business Day
How much does Rwanda e-visa cost?
The cost of a Rwanda visa depends on the processing time you pick for your application:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
The prices above already include the service fees:
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
You are granted Single Entry, and you can stay in Rwanda for a period that is limited to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Sri Lanka also qualify for a Rwanda East Africa visa. With this document, you are allowed to travel to Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda without having to apply for three separate visas. It is incredibly convenient if you want to visit all three countries on one trip. Nonetheless, you should know that for this visa to work, you must go to Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Along with the documents and information you need for a Rwanda visa, you must also procure the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing time of your application. Once more, you are provided with three options:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 Business Days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 Business Days, and you must pay USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival. It grants Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for no more than 90 days Per Entry per visit.