When you decide to take a trip to Rwanda, one of the first things you need to take into consideration is that you may require a visa before departure. However, Rwanda has a lenient visa policy that allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, you will enjoy a short and stress-free application process. To find out more about the Rwanda e-visa, you can read the answers to the most frequently asked questions found below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Sudan eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, Sudanese citizens can apply for a Rwanda e-visa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Rwanda visa?
To obtain a Rwanda visa, you have to fulfill a set of requirements. However, the list is short, and the items on it are generally easy to acquire. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – take a look at its expiry date to check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my application to be processed?
Your application form will be processed as you choose. When you apply for your travel document with iVisa, you are given three options when it comes to the processing time of your application. That way, you can choose the one that best serves your needs.
- Standard processing – 7 days
- Rush processing – 48 hours
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much does Rwanda e-visa cost?
How much you will spend on your Rwanda visa depends on the processing time of your application. Here are the prices.
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
The service fees are included.
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
When you hold a Rwanda e-visa, you are granted Single Entry, and the maximum duration of stay is of 90 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Sudan are also given the possibility to apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. With this document, you can go to Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda without having to acquire three distinct visas. The Rwanda East Africa visa will grant you entry in all three states. However, you should keep in mind that this visa is valid only if you travel to Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
You take everything that you must put together for a Rwanda visa, and then you add the following additional documents:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Just like with the Rwanda visa, the cost of your Rwanda East Africa visa is determined by the processing time of your application. Again, you are provided with three options:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 48 hours, and you must pay USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival. It covers Multiple Entry, and your stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry per entry.