When you plan a trip to Rwanda, one of the first things you need to cross off your checklist is the visa. But you should know that according to Rwanda’s visa policy, all non-visa exempt nationalities can obtain a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, you will experience a short and stress-free online application process. Read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below to learn more about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Suriname eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, Surinamese citizens can obtain a Rwanda e-visa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Rwanda visa?
Before you start the online application process, you should make sure that you meet the requirements for a Rwanda visa. However, as you will see, all of them are easy to fulfill. Here is what you need:
- Passport – take a look at its expiry date to check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my application to be processed?
When you apply for a Rwanda e-visa with iVisa, you get to choose the timeframe in which your application is processed. You are given three options so that you can pick the one that best serves your needs:
- Standard processing – 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – 2 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – 1 Business Day
How much does Rwanda e-visa cost?
How much the Rwanda visa costs depends on the processing time of your application. Here are the available prices:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
Remember that the prices above already include the service fees.
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
With a Rwanda e-visa, you can enter the country Single Entry, and you can stay there for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
As a citizen of Suriname, you also have the opportunity to apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. This is a document that will grant you entry in Rwanda, but in Kenya and Uganda as well. That way, you do not have to apply for three different visas. However, you should know that you cannot use this visa unless you enter Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
In addition to what is required for a Rwanda visa, you also need the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Just like with the Rwanda visa, how much you are charged for a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing time of your application. Once again, iVisa provides you with three choices:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 Business Days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 Business Days, and you must pay USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The validity of a Rwanda East Africa Visa is of 90 days after arrival after arrival. You are granted Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for no more than 90 days Per Entry per entry.