Are you planning to travel to Rwanda anytime soon? Then you should know that you need to obtain a visa in advance. Fortunately, an electronic visa for Rwanda is available. Therefore, you can apply for your Rwanda visa online, and iVisa can help with the process. Below, you will find the answers to the most commonly asked questions about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Swaziland (Eswatini) eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, as a Swati citizen, you can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
As you will notice, the requirements for a Rwanda visa are not challenging to fulfill. Here is what you need:
- Passport – it needs to be valid for another 6 months after arrival, and one blank page is necessary
- Photo – it must be recent and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – you get your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my application to be processed?
It depends on which processing time option you select for your application. iVisa gives you three solutions so that you can pick the one that is most convenient for you. Here they are:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 7 business days.
- Rush processing – you receive your travel document within 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 24 hours.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Not exactly. However, the cost of your Rwanda visa depends on which processing time option you opt for. The fees for each one are as follows:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
What is the period of validity for a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Rwanda when traveling on a Rwanda e-visa?
When you travel on a Rwanda -visa, you are granted a stay of maximum 90 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Swaziland (Eswatini) also qualify for a Rwanda East Africa visa. This type of visa grants entry in Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda. It is ideal if you plan to visit all three countries in one trip. Just keep in mind that you must visit Rwanda first.
Do I need additional documents to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Yes, but just a few:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Just like with the Rwanda visa, the price of a Rwanda East Africa visa is established by the timeframe in which you want your application to be processed. Once more, iVisa gives you three choices:
- Standard processing – you receive your e-visa within 6 business days, and you pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 business days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – you wait only 2 business days for your application to be processed, and you are charged USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
Your stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry, and you are granted Multiple Entry.