Are you planning a trip to Rwanda in the near future? Then you should know that perhaps you need a visa to enter the country. The good news is, however, that Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018. Consequently, all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply online for a Rwanda visa. To learn more details about the Rwanda e-visa, read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Swedish citizen, can I apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Sweden can apply for a Rwanda e-visa.
What requirements must I fulfill for a successful application process?
To successfully apply for a Rwanda visa, you need to meet a set of requirements. But as you will see, the list s short and the items on it are easy to obtain. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – it has to be valid for at least another 6 months after arrival and have at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda visa to arrive?
As for the timeframe in which your Rwanda visa will arrive, you are given a choice to choose the processing time of your application. That way, you can pick the one that is most convenient for you.
- Standard processing – 7 days
- Rush processing – 48 hours
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
What is the cost of a Rwanda e-visa?
The amount you will be charged for your Rwanda visa depends on which option you select regarding the processing time of your application. The prices, which include the service fees, are listed below:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
What is the validity period of a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
The Rwanda visa covers Single Entry, and you are allowed to stay in the country for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Sweden can also apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. With this document, you will be able to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda without having to acquire three separate visas. However, keep in mind that this type of visa is valid only if you visit Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Along with the requirements you must fulfill for a Rwanda visa, you will need the following as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Once again, the cost of your Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three choices this time as well:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 48 hours, and you must pay USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival. It covers Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for no more than 90 days Per Entry per entry.