Planning a trip to Rwanda also entails a visa application process, but only if you are not visa exempt. Even so, in 2018, Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system, and as a result, all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Rwanda visa online. iVisa ensures a smooth and short application process. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, we suggest that you read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Swiss citizen, can I apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Switzerland are eligible for a Rwanda e-visa.
What requirements must I fulfill for a successful application process?
Before you proceed to fill in the application form, we recommend that your first make sure that you have at your disposal everything necessary for a successful application process. Here is what you need:
- Passport – it has to be valid for at least another 6 months after arrival and have at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda visa to arrive?
The timeframe in which you receive your Rwanda visa depends on the processing time of your application. To that effect, iVisa gives you three options so that you can select the one that you consider to be best for you:
- Standard processing – 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – 2 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – 1 Business Day
What is the cost of a Rwanda e-visa?
The amount you spend on a Rwanda visa is determined by the option you choose when it comes to the processing time of your application. The prices are listed below and already include the service fees:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
What is the validity period of a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
The Rwanda visa grants Single Entry, and you can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
As a Swiss national, you also have the option of applying for a Rwanda East Africa visa. It is the perfect solution if you want to travel to Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda on one trip. That way, you are not obligated to obtain three distinct visas. Nevertheless, you should know that you cannot use this type of visa unless you enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
In addition to the requirements you have to fulfill for a Rwanda visa, you will also need the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is established by the processing time of your application, just like with the Rwanda visa. Once again, you are provided with three options:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 Business Days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 Business Days, and you must pay USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa has a validity of 90 days after arrival after arrival. It covers Multiple Entry,you’re your stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry per entry.