When you decide to take a trip to Rwanda, one of the first things on your mind should be the fact that you may need a visa. Nonetheless, ever since Rwanda adopted the electronic visa, all non-visa exempt nationalities are granted access to a Rwanda visa online. iVisa can help you apply for it in just 20 minutes. You should read the answers to the most commonly asked questions below to learn more about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Syrian citizen, can I apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Syria can apply for a Rwanda e-visa.
What requirements must I fulfill for a successful application process?
One of the first things you have to do before starting the online application process is to check if you have everything you need. However, the list is short. It contains the following documents and information:
- Passport – it has to be valid for at least another 6 months after arrival and have at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda visa to arrive?
As long as you choose. Your Rwanda visa will arrive in the timeframe you agree on. iVisa gives you three choices when it comes to the processing time of your application so that you can pick the one that you think is best.
- Standard processing – 7 days
- Rush processing – 48 hours
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
What is the cost of a Rwanda e-visa?
The cost of a Rwanda visa is determined by the processing time of your application. The prices are listed below:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
The prices already include the service fees.
What is the validity period of a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
The Rwanda visa grants Single Entry, and you are allowed to stay in the country for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Syria can also apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. With this document, you will be able to enter Rwanda, but Kenya and Uganda as well. That way, you do not have to get three different visas when you want to visit all three countries on one trip. Just remember that for this type of visa to be valid, you need to enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Along with the documents and information you must have at hand for a Rwanda visa, you need the following too:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Just like with the Rwanda e-visa, the cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is established by the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three options this time around too:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 48 hours, and you must pay USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival. It covers Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for no more than 90 days Per Entry per entry.