Planning a trip to Rwanda implies plenty of effort and time, but did you know that one of the things you need to deal with first is the visa? That is if you are not visa exempt. But even if you are not, getting a Rwanda visa is easy because Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018. It gives all non-visa exempt nationalities a chance to apply online for their travel document. iVisa can facilitate the application process for you. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, we suggest you read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a citizen of Taiwan, can I apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, Taiwanese citizens are eligible for a Rwanda e-visa.
What requirements must I fulfill for a successful application process?
I order to successfully apply for a Rwanda visa, you have to make sure that you can meet all the requirements. However, you should have an easy time putting everything together. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – it has to be valid for at least another 6 months after arrival and have at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda visa to arrive?
Your application for a Rwanda visa will be processed in the timeframe of your choosing. iVisa provides you with three options when it comes to processing time so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs:
- Standard processing – 7 days
- Rush processing – 48 hours
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
What is the cost of a Rwanda e-visa?
The cost of a Rwanda visa depends on which option you pick when it comes to the processing time of your application. The prices below already include the service fees:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
What is the validity period of a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
The Rwanda visa ensures Single Entry, and you are allowed to stay in Rwanda for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Taiwan have access to a Rwanda East Africa visa as well. With this document, you can travel to Rwanda, but Kenya and Uganda as well. It is perfect if you wish to visit all three countries on one trip. There is no need for three separate visas. Nonetheless, what you should know about this type of visa is that you cannot use it unless you enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
You take all the document and information you need for a simple Rwanda visa, to which you add the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The price of your Rwanda East Africa visa, same as with the Rwanda visa, is established by the processing time you select for your application. You have three choices this time as well:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 48 hours, and you must pay USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival after arrival. It covers Multiple Entry, and your stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry per entry.