When you decide to spend your vacation in Rwanda, one of the things you need to deal with first is the visa. After all, you may be required to obtain one in advance. Now, the good news is that Rwanda has an electronic visa system which allows all nationalities that are not visa exempt to apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, you will enjoy a short and swift application process. Read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below if you want to find out more details about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Tajikistani citizen, can I apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Tajikistan qualify for a Rwanda e-visa.
What requirements must I fulfill for a successful application process?
To obtain a Rwanda e-visa, you need the following documents and information:
- Passport – it has to be valid for at least another 6 months after arrival and have at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda visa to arrive?
Your Rwanda visa will arrive in the timeframe of your choosing? How is that possible? iVisa gives you three options when it comes to the processing time of your application so that you can choose the one that is most convenient for you.
- Standard processing – 7 business days
- Rush processing – 2 business days
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
What is the cost of a Rwanda e-visa?
The price of a Rwanda e-visa depends on how soon you want it to arrive. Naturally, the faster you need it, the more you have to pay for it. The costs for each processing are as follows:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
Service fees are included.
What is the validity period of a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
The Rwanda visa covers Single Entry, and you are allowed to stay in the country for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Tajikistan can also apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. This is a document that will grant you entry in Rwanda, but in Kenya and Uganda as well. It is the best possible solution if you want to visit all three countries on one trip. However, you should probably know that this type of visa will not work unless you visit Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Besides the document and information you need to put together for a Rwanda visa, you need the following as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing time of your application. Once again, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 business days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 business days, and you must pay USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The validity of a Rwanda East Africa Visa is of 90 days after arrival after arrival. You are granted Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for up to 90 days Per Entry per entry.