Are you planning a trip to Rwanda? Then you may need to obtain a visa in advance. Fortunately, all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply online for a Rwanda visa on account of their electronic visa system. With iVisa, you can get the travel document you need in just a matter of days. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, we recommend that you read the answers to the most frequently asked questions you find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Thai citizen, can I apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Thailand can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What requirements must I fulfill for a successful application process?
Before you go ahead and fill in the online application form, you have to check and see if you meet all the requirements. However, as you will see, the list is not very long. Here is what you need:
- Passport – it has to be valid for at least another 6 months after arrival and have at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda visa to arrive?
The processing time of your application decides the timeframe in which your Rwanda visa arrives. iVisa gives you three processing time options so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs:
- Standard processing – 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – 2 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – 1 Business Day
What is the cost of a Rwanda e-visa?
How much you will be charged for your Rwanda visa is determined by the processing time you select for your application. The prices are listed below and already include the service fees:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
What is the validity period of a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
The Rwanda visa grants Single Entry, and you cannot stay in Rwanda for more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
As a Thai national, you are also eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa. This is a type of visa that grants you entry not only in Rwanda but in Kenya and Uganda too. It is the ideal solution if you wish to travel to all three countries on one trip. Nonetheless, you should know that for this scheme to work, you must go to Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Not much. In addition to that is necessary for a Rwanda visa, you also need the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is determined by the processing time you choose for your application. Once again, iVisa gives you three choices:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 Business Days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 Business Days, and you must pay USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa has a validity of 90 days after arrival after arrival. It grants Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for up to 90 days Per Entry per entry.