Before you plan a trip to Rwanda, you need to think about the fact that you need a visa. Fortunately, an electronic visa for Rwanda is available, which means that you can apply online for it. iVisa can help you with that. The document you will be sent is valid for Single Entry, and you will be able to stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days Per Entry per entry. To learn more about the application process, read the answers to the most frequently asked questions listed below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can Bahamian citizens apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes. All nationalities that need a visa have the possibility to apply online for a Rwanda visa. Only the visa-exempt nationalities are not required to.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Fortunately, the Rwanda visa is not a demanding document to obtain. You will only need the following:
- Passport – all applicants must be passport holders. Plus, the travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda. A blank page is also necessary.
- Photo – you must ensure that the picture is taken as recently as possible. The background needs to be white.
- E-mail address – the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail, which is why you need to provide iVisa with a valid address to which you have access.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
Since every applicant has their own needs, iVisa created three options when it comes to processing time. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa arrives in 7 days.
- Rush processing – your application is processed within just 48 hours.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 24 hours.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The cost of your Rwanda visa depends on the processing time you select during the application process. With that being said, the fees are as follows:
- Standard processing – USD 30.00
- Rush processing – USD 30.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 30.00
Keep in mind that the cost of the visa itself is the same in all three cases. Only the service fee changes with each processing timeframe.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is the document you should apply for if you decide to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda, all in one trip. This type of visa will grant you entry in all three countries. However, remember that you must enter Rwanda first if you decide to obtain the Rwanda East Africa visa.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Yes, but only a few. Here is what you need above the requirements for a Rwanda visa:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Just like with the Rwanda visa, the cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing time you choose. Your options are as follows:
- Standard processing – it takes 6 days for your application to be processed, and you must pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your visa arrives within 4 days, and you are charged USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 48 hours, and you spend USD 100.00 on it.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival. You are granted Multiple Entry, and after arrival, you are allowed to remain in the country you visit up to 90 days Per Entry.