One of the first things you must do before you plan your trip to Rwanda is to obtain a visa. Nevertheless, Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018, and as a result, you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. As you can imagine, iVisa can help you with that. In the meantime, read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below to learn more about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of the Czech Republic apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, of course. As a Czech citizen, you can apply for a Rwanda visa online just like any other eligible nationality.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
For a successful application process, you need to make sure that you have the following:
- Passport – make sure that the document is valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda and has at least one blank page.
- Photo – the picture must be recent and taken on a white background.
- E-mail address – this requirement is necessary because the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes credit and debit cards. You can also use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It is you who decides how soon your application is processed. That is because iVisa gives you three processing time options. That way, you can choose the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 business days.
- Rush processing – the Rwanda visa is ready within just 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – you receive your e-visa within just 24 hours.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
How much your Rwanda visa costs depend on the processing time option you select during the application process. The fees for each option are as follows:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
For how long is the Rwanda visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Rwanda on a Rwanda e-visa?
With a Rwanda e-visa, you can stay up to 30 days Per Entry in Rwanda.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
As a citizen of the Czech Republic, you can also apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. The document is ideal if you decide to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda in a single trip. Just remember that you must first visit Rwanda for this document to be valid.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Yes, but there is nothing out of the ordinary. You will need the items listed for the Rwanda visa, but you also need the following documents:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Once more, the cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is established by the processing time you choose for your application. iVisa gives you three options this time around too:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 4 business days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – it takes 2 business days for you to receive your e-visa, and you must pay USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
The [Rwanda East Africa visa] covers Multiple Entry and your stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry per visit.