A trip to Rwanda for tourism purposes cannot happen unless you get a visa in advance. Of course, that is not applicable if you are visa exempt. However, according to Rwanda’s visa policy, all nationalities can apply online for a Rwanda visa, and iVisa can help with the application process. Read the information provided below to learn more about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of the Dominican Republic apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, the citizens of the Dominican Republic can apply online for a Rwanda visa, just like everybody else.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
The list of requirements is short, and the items on it are easy to acquire. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – make sure that the document is valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda and has at least one blank page.
- Photo – the picture must be recent and taken on a white background.
- E-mail address – this requirement is necessary because the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes credit and debit cards. You can also use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It depends on which processing time you choose. iVisa gives you three options so that you can pick the one that is most convenient for you:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 days.
- Rush processing – the Rwanda visa is ready within just 48 hours.
- Super Rush processing – you receive your e-visa within just 24 hours.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The cost of a Rwanda visa is determined by the processing time option you choose for your application. The prices are:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
For how long is the Rwanda visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Rwanda on a Rwanda e-visa?
When you hold a Rwanda e-visa, you can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of the Dominican Republic have the option of getting a Rwanda East Africa visa as well. You should apply for it if you decide to travel to Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda in a single trip. However, bear in mind that you must enter Rwanda first for this type of visa to be valid.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Yes, but only a few:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Same as with the Rwanda visa, the cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is influenced by the processing time you choose for your application:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 4 days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – it takes 48 hours for you to receive your e-visa, and you must pay USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
The Rwanda East Africa visa grants Multiple Entry, and your stays cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry each.