When you decide to travel to Rwanda for tourism purposes, one of the first things on your mind should be the visa. You need to obtain one in advance. However, Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018, meaning that you are given the possibility to apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, you can get the travel document in just 24 hours. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, read the answers to the most commonly asked questions you find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of the Gambia eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, as a Gambian citizen, you can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Just a few. Plus, the requirements for a Rwanda visa are easy to meet. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – it needs to be valid for another 6 months after arrival, and one blank page is necessary
- Photo – it must be recent and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – you get your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my application to be processed?
It is for you to decide because iVisa gives you three processing time options. That way, you can choose the one that best serves your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 7 business days.
- Rush processing – you receive your travel document within 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 24 hours.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Not really. The cost of a Rwanda visa depends on the processing time option you choose for your application. The fees for each one are as follows:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
What is the period of validity for a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Rwanda when traveling on a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda e-visa ensures a stay of up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of the Gambia are also eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa. The document is ideal if you decide to travel to Rwanda, but to Kenya and Uganda as well, during the same trip. It will grant you entry in all three states. However, for this document to be valid, you need to enter Rwanda first.
Do I need additional documents to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
In addition to the documents you need for the Rwanda visa, you will need the following as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Same as with the Rwanda visa, the price of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing timeframe you select for your application. Once again, iVisa provides three options:
- Standard processing – you receive your e-visa within 6 business days, and you pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 business days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – you wait only 2 business days for your application to be processed, and you are charged USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
With a Rwanda East Africa visa, you are covered for Multiple Entry, and your stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.