In case you are planning to travel to Rwanda for tourism purposes, know that you most likely need to obtain a visa before departure. However, Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018, meaning that all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Rwanda visa online. iVisa can facilitate the online application process. For more information about the Rwanda e-visa, please read the information provided for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of the Marshall Islands apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, like all the other eligible nationalities, Marshallese nationals can apply online for a Rwanda visa.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Before you begin the online application process to acquire a Rwanda visa, you need to make sure that you have everything necessary. However, the list is short. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – check its expiry date to make sure it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa is sent via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be issued?
The timeframe in which your Rwanda visa arrives depends on the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three processing options so that you can opt for the one that is best for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – 7 days
- Rush processing – 48 hours
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much will I be charged for a Rwanda e-visa?
Each processing timeframe has its own fee, and the option you choose will determine the cost of your Rwanda visa. Keep in mind that the prices below include the service fees.
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for and how much time can I remain in Rwanda?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and you can remain in Rwanda for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of the Marshall Islands are also eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa. This particular visa grants you entry in Rwanda, but in Kenya and Uganda as well. That way, you do not need three different visas in case you decide to visit all three countries on one trip. However, remember that for this visa to be valid, you need to enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
In addition to what is necessary for a Rwanda visa, you will also need the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is established by the processing time you choose for your application. Again, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – your travel document is ready within 6 days, and you must pay USD 100.00 for it
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 days, and the cost is USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa arrives within 48 hours, and you are charged USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival after arrival. It grants Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for up to 90 days Per Entry per entry.