When you start planning your trip to Rwanda, one of the first things you need to handle is the visa. Unless you are visa exempt, you will need one to enter the country. Fortunately, Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018, which allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply online for a Rwanda visa. iVisa can facilitate the online application process. Read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below to learn more about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of the Netherlands apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, Dutch citizens can get a Rwanda visa online.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
One of the first things you must do before you start the online application process for a Rwanda visa is to check if you have everything necessary. However, that should not be difficult since the list of requirements is short. It contains the following:
- Passport – check its expiry date to make sure it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa is sent via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be issued?
It depends on which option you select when it comes to the processing time of your application. When you apply online for a Rwanda visa with iVisa, you are given three options so that you can choose the most convenient one.
- Standard processing – 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – 2 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – 1 Business Day
How much will I be charged for a Rwanda e-visa?
The cost of a Rwanda visa is influenced by the processing time of your application. You will find the price of each option below. The service fees are included.
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for and how much time can I remain in Rwanda?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and you can remain in Rwanda for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of the Netherlands are also eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa. With this particular visa, you will be able to travel to Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda without the need to apply for three separate visas. It is ideal if you want to visit all these countries on one trip. However, you must keep in mind that this visa is not valid unless you enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
In addition to what you put together for a Rwanda visa, you will need the following too:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
How much you will be charged for your Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing timeframe you select for your application. Again, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – your travel document is ready within 6 Business Days, and you must pay USD 100.00 for it
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 Business Days, and the cost is USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa arrives within 2 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa is valid for a period of 90 days after arrival after arrival. It grants Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for up to 90 days Per Entry per entry.