Traveling to Rwanda means that you most likely need to obtain a visa in advance. Lucky for you, Rwanda has an electronic visa system which allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply online for a Rwanda visa. iVisa can help with the online application process so that you do not make too much of an effort. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, we recommend that you read the answers to the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of the Solomon Islands eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of the Solomon Islands can apply online for a Rwanda e-visa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Rwanda visa?
One of the best things about an online application process is that it is almost effortless. Getting a Rwanda visa online is just as easy. All you need is the following:
- Passport – take a look at its expiry date to check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my application to be processed?
Your application for a Rwanda visa will be processed in the timeframe of your choosing. That is because iVisa gives you three options when it comes to the processing time of your application. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – 2 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – 1 Business Day
How much does Rwanda e-visa cost?
The price of a Rwanda visa depends on which option you select when it comes to the processing time of your application. The costs, which include the service fees, are as following:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
You are covered for Single Entry, and you can stay in Rwanda for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of the Solomon Islands are also eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa. With this particular document, you can visit Rwanda, Kenya and Uganda, all in one trip. You do not have to apply for three distinct visas. Instead, you only need a Rwanda East Africa visa. However, you should know that this scheme will not work unless you enter Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
You take everything necessary for a Rwanda visa, and then you add the following documents:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Same as with the Rwanda visa, the cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing time you pick for your application. You are provided with three options this time as well:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 Business Days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 Business Days, and you must pay USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa has a validity of 90 days after arrival after arrival. It grants Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for up to 90 days Per Entry per entry.