Are you planning a trip to Rwanda? Then one of the things you must consider is the fact that you may need a visa in advance. But rest assured that it is not difficult to obtain. Thanks to Rwanda’s electronic visa system, all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, you will enjoy a short and stress-free application process. If you want to find out more details about the Rwanda e-visa, we recommend that you read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you can see below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As an Emirati citizen, can I apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of the United Arab Emirates can apply for a Rwanda e-visa.
What requirements must I fulfill for a successful application process?
Before you proceed to fill in the application form, we suggest that you first make sure to meet all the requirements. However, there is nothing you cannot easily obtain. Here is what you need:
- Passport – it has to be valid for at least another 6 months after arrival and have at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda visa to arrive?
As long as you want. In fact, when you apply for a Rwanda visa with iVisa, you get to choose the processing time of your application so that you can receive your travel document at your earliest convenience. iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – 7 days
- Rush processing – 48 hours
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
What is the cost of a Rwanda e-visa?
The cost of your Rwanda visa depends on which option you choose when it comes to the processing time of your application. Therefore:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
The service fees are included.
What is the validity period of a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
The Rwanda visa ensures Single Entry, and you are allowed to stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
As a citizen of the United Arab Emirates, you can also obtain a Rwanda East Africa visa. It is incredibly convenient if you want to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda, all in one trip. It spares you the effort of applying for three different visas. Nevertheless, you should know that if you plan to use this type of visa, you must enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
In addition to what you would put together for a [Rwanda visa], you will need the following as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Same as with the Rwanda visa, the cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on which processing time option you choose during the application process. Once again, you are presented with three options:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 48 hours, and you must pay USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa has a validity of 90 days after arrival after arrival. You are covered for Multiple Entry, and your stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry per visit.