When you start planning your trip to Rwanda, one of the things you need to deal with is the visa. Fortunately, Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018, and as a result, all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa’s help, you will enjoy a stress-free online application process. You should read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below if you wish to learn more about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a British citizen, can I apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of the United Kingdom have the possibility to apply for a Rwanda e-visa.
What requirements must I fulfill for a successful application process?
One of the first things you need to do before you fill in an application is to make sure that you have at hand everything necessary for the process. Fortunately, the list of requirements is short, and you may already have all that you need, which is as follows:
- Passport – it has to be valid for at least another 6 months after arrival and have at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda visa to arrive?
When you apply for a Rwanda e-visa with iVisa, you are given three options when it comes to the processing time of your application. That way, you can choose the one that best serves your needs:
- Standard processing – 7 business days
- Rush processing – 2 business days
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
What is the cost of a Rwanda e-visa?
Your Rwanda visa’s cost depends on the processing time option you select for your application. The prices, which already include the service fees, are as follows:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
What is the validity period of a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
The Rwanda visa grants Single Entry, and you can stay in Rwanda for a period that is limited to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of the United Kingdom also qualify for a Rwanda East Africa visa. With this particular type of visa, you will be able to enter not only Rwanda but Kenya and Uganda as well. It comes in handy if you want to visit all three states on one trip. But you should know that this visa is not valid unless you go to Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Along with what you need for a Rwanda visa, you must also put together the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa, same as with the Rwanda visa, depends on the processing time of your application. Once more, you are given three choices:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 business days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 business days, and you must pay USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival. It covers Multiple Entry, and your stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry per entry.