Planning a trip to Rwanda anytime soon? Chances are that you must obtain a visa in advance. But since Rwanda’s visa policy includes an electronic visa system, you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, you will enjoy a short and smooth application process. You should read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below if you want to find out more details about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a US citizen, can I apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of the USA qualify for a Rwanda e-visa.
What requirements must I fulfill for a successful application process?
To successfully apply for a Rwanda visa, you need to make sure that you can put together the following:
- Passport – it has to be valid for at least another 6 months after arrival and have at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda visa to arrive?
That is up to you. When you use iVisa’s services to apply for a Rwanda visa, you get to choose the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three options. That way, you can select the one that best serves your needs:
- Standard processing – 7 days
- Rush processing – 48 hours
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
What is the cost of a Rwanda e-visa?
The amount you will be charged for your Rwanda visa depends on the processing time you choose for your application. The prices below already include the service fees:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
What is the validity period of a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
The Rwanda visa covers Single Entry, and you are allowed to stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
American citizens can also apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. This document is the best possible solution if you decide that you want to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda on one trip. It spares you the effort of applying for three separate travel documents. However, if you want this visa to work, you need to use it to enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Along with the requirements you must meet for a Rwanda visa, you need to put together the following as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Just like with the Rwanda visa, how much you are charged for your Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing time you pick for your application. Once again, iVisa provides you with three options:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 48 hours, and you must pay USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival. It covers Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for no more than 90 days Per Entry per entry.