When you decide to travel to Rwanda for tourism purposes, one of the things you need to consider is the fact that you may be required to obtain a visa in advance. However, that should not be complicated because Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018. As a result, all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Rwanda visa online. iVisa can help with the online application process. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, just read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Togolese citizen, can I apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Togo have access to a Rwanda e-visa.
What requirements must I fulfill for a successful application process?
The first thing you have to do before you fill in the online application form is to make sure that you have everything necessary for the application process. Nevertheless, you should not struggle with putting it all together. Here is what you need:
- Passport – it has to be valid for at least another 6 months after arrival and have at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda visa to arrive?
You get to choose the timeframe in which your Rwanda e-visa arrives. That is because iVisa gives you three choices concerning the processing time of your application. That way, you can have your travel document at your earliest convenience.
- Standard processing – 7 days
- Rush processing – 48 hours
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
What is the cost of a Rwanda e-visa?
The cost of your Rwanda visa is established by the processing time you pick for your application. Therefore, the prices are as follows:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
The service fees are already included.
What is the validity period of a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
The Rwanda visa ensures Single Entry, and you can stay in Rwanda for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Togo also qualify for a Rwanda East Africa visa. If you hold this document, you will be able to enter not only Rwanda but Kenya and Uganda as well. It is the best possible choice if you decide that you want to visit all three countries on one trip. However, remember that this visa is valid only if you enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The requirements for a Rwanda East Africa visa are not complicated to meet. You must have at hand everything necessary for a Rwanda visa, plus the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is determined by the processing time of your application. Again, iVisa provides you with three options:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 48 hours, and you must pay USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival. It covers Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for no more than 90 days Per Entry per entry.