Are you planning to travel to Rwanda anytime soon? Then you must check whether or not you need to obtain a visa in advance. Even so, all non-visa exempt nationalities have an easy time acquiring a visa because of Rwanda’s electronic visa system. It allows you to apply for a Rwanda visa online. iVisa can assist you with the online application process. Read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below to learn more about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Tongan citizen, can I apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Tonga can apply for a Rwanda e-visa.
What requirements must I fulfill for a successful application process?
You do not have to struggle with the requirements for a Rwanda e-visa. In fact, you need a few things, and they are easy to acquire. Here is what you must put together:
- Passport – it has to be valid for at least another 6 months after arrival and have at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda visa to arrive?
Your Rwanda visa will be ready in the timeframe you agree on. iVisa provides you with three option regarding the processing time of your application so that you can pick the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – 7 days
- Rush processing – 48 hours
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
What is the cost of a Rwanda e-visa?
The cost of a Rwanda e-visa is established by which option you select when it comes to the processing time of your application. Therefore:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
The prices above already include the service fees.
What is the validity period of a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
The Rwanda visa grants you Single Entry, and you can stay in the country for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Tonga can also apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. This document allows you to travel not only to Rwanda but to Kenya and Uganda as well. It is perfect if you plan to visit all three countries on one trip. What you should know, however, is that when you hold a Rwanda East Africa visa, you need to enter Rwanda first. Otherwise, it is not valid.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Along with what is required for a Rwanda visa, you must put together the following documents as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
How much you spend on your Rwanda East Africa visa depends on which option you pick when it comes to your application’s processing time. Once more, iVisa gives you three choices:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 48 hours, and you must pay USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival. You are granted Multiple Entry, and your stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry per entry.