In case you decide to travel to Rwanda anytime soon, know that you may be required to obtain a visa before departure. However, rest assured that you will not make too much of an effort to get it. Thanks to Rwanda’s electronic visa system, you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. iVisa ensures a short and straightforward online application process. To find out more about the Rwanda e-visa, we recommend that you read the information provided for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a citizen of Trinidad and Tobago, can I apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, like all non-visa exempt nationalities, the citizens of Trinidad and Tobago can apply for a Rwanda e-visa.
What requirements must I fulfill for a successful application process?
One of the first things you must do before you proceed to the application page is to make sure that you have everything necessary for the application process. However, as you will see, the list of requirements is not long, and the items you need are easy to acquire. Here is what you need:
- Passport – it has to be valid for at least another 6 months after arrival and have at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda visa to arrive?
It depends on the processing time you select for your application. Your choice determines the timeframe in which your Rwanda visa arrives. You have three options:
- Standard processing – 7 business days
- Rush processing – 2 business days
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
What is the cost of a Rwanda e-visa?
The cost of a Rwanda visa is established by the choice you make when it comes to the processing time of your application. The prices are listed below and already contain the service fees.
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
What is the validity period of a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
The Rwanda visa covers Single Entry, and you can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Trinidad and Tobago can also apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. With this document, you can travel to Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda, without the need to obtain three separate visas. However, you must enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Along with the document and information you need for a Rwanda visa, you must also put together the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Once again, the cost of your Rwanda East Africa visa is determined by the processing time you choose for your application. You are given three options:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 business days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 business days, and you must pay USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival after arrival. It ensures Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for no more than 90 days Per Entry per entry.