Planning a vacation in Rwanda takes plenty of time and energy, but one of the things you need to take care of first is the visa. You may need to obtain one in advance. However, Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018, and as a result, all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, you will enjoy a stress-free application process. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, please read the answers to the most frequently asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Turkmen citizen, can I apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Turkmenistan have access to a Rwanda e-visa.
What requirements must I fulfill for a successful application process?
Before you start the online application process to get a Rwanda visa, you must put together everything that is required. However, you should not struggle with it. Here is what you need:
- Passport – it has to be valid for at least another 6 months after arrival and have at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda visa to arrive?
It depends on which processing time you choose for your application. When you apply for a Rwanda visa with iVisa, you will be given three options:
- Standard processing – 7 days
- Rush processing – 48 hours
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
What is the cost of a Rwanda e-visa?
The cost of a Rwanda visa depends on the processing time you select for your application. Therefore, there are three available prices:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
The service fees are included.
What is the validity period of a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
The Rwanda visa grants Single Entry, and you are allowed to stay in the country for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Turkmenistan can also apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. If you hold this document, not only will you be able to enter Rwanda, but Kenya and Uganda as well. That way, you do not have to obtain three separate visas. However, remember that this visa will not work if you do not enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Along with the documents and information required for a Rwanda visa, you will also need the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is established by your application’s processing time. iVisa gives you three choices this time as well:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 48 hours, and you must pay USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival after arrival. You are granted Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for up to 90 days Per Entry per entry.