In case you are planning a trip to Rwanda in the future, you should know that you may be required to get a visa in advance. However, that will not be a complicated thing to do because according to Rwanda’s visa policy, all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Rwanda visa online iVisa can facilitate the process. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, you can read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Tuvaluan citizen, can I apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Tuvalu can apply for a Rwanda e-visa.
What requirements must I fulfill for a successful application process?
To be able to apply successfully for a Rwanda visa, you have to put together a set of documents and some information. However, chances are that you already have most of them. Here is what you need:
- Passport – it has to be valid for at least another 6 months after arrival and have at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda visa to arrive?
It depends on which option you choose regarding your application’s processing time. When you apply for a Rwanda visa using iVisa’s services, you are given three such options:
- Standard processing – 7 business days
- Rush processing – 2 business days
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
What is the cost of a Rwanda e-visa?
The cost of your Rwanda visa is determined by the processing time you select for your application. Here are the prices for each option:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
Service fees are included.
What is the validity period of a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
The Rwanda visa grants Single Entry, and you are allowed to stay in the country for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Tuvalu can also apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa With this particular visa, you will be able to enter not only Rwanda but Kenya and Uganda as well. It comes in handy if you decide to visit all three countries on one trip. However, do not forget that for this type of visa to work, you need to enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
To successfully apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa, you have to meet a few requirements. In addition to what is necessary for a Rwanda visa, you need the following as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Just like with the Rwanda e-visa, the cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is established by the processing time you choose for your application. You are provided with three options this time as well:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 business days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 business days, and you must pay USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival after arrival. You are granted Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for no more than 90 days Per Entry per entry.